This activity is designed to educate a wide range of physicians and other health care professionals including Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Pharmacists, Physicians Assistants, Chiropractors, Dentists, Naturopathic Physicians and any other medical practitioner seeking current treatment modalities within Integrative Medicine.
- Promoting and sharing knowledge to reduce human and societal toll from neurodegenerative and inflammatory disorders, cancer and infectious diseases
- Advancing understanding of the stress impact of chronic infectious diseases on metabolic, hormonal, and neurochemical communications networks
- Advancing understanding of the impact of oral pathology and sleep disorders on immune and hormone systems and its impact on chronic degenerative diseases
- Enhancing care of adults with Alzheimer’s Disease, and children with Autism, based on sound scientific evidence
At the end of this activity, the participants will be able to:
- Interpret data from new advanced infectious disease testing to improve understanding and expand treatment options
- Identify and treat epigenetic drivers of inflammation such as hormonal and immune dysregulation and reduced energy utilization
Determine genetic and epigenetic risk factors for developing complications of infectious diseases such as neurodegerative and cardiovascular disease, autoimmunity and cancer
Understand the epidemiology, impact and therapeutic options for patients with Chronic Lyme disease
This professional continuing education activity was sponsored by the Institute for the Advancement of Human Behavior (IAHB), PO BOX 5710 Santa Rosa, CA 95402, whose continuing education program has been approved by the organizations listed below, and jointly sponsored by ACAM. Except where otherwise noted, IAHB, as the approved sponsor, maintains responsibility for the program.
PHYSICIANS: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of IAHB and ACAM. IAHB is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. IAHB designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per hour attended. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In accordance with ACCME guidelines, ACAM requires all faculty speakers and content planners to disclose all commercial relationships relative to the content of this CME activity. Individual faculty disclosure will be provided in the course syllabus for the General Session and are also available online at www.iahb.org/disclosure-info. All presentations will be peer reviewed for fair balance and evidence based medicine.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, ACAM will make every effort to accommodate special needs at this event. Please notify ACAM at least 2 weeks prior to the conference to discuss accommodations at the Condado Plaza Hilton. International callers please call 1-800-532-3688.
No commercial support was received for this educational activity.